I finished the sweat lodge yesterday. Will and I put up the frame yesterday morning and the rest of it came together in the evening. We haven't had our first sweat yet because people (including myself) have been coming and going from the farm the past few days. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, plus its material costs were $0. Everything used to construct it was found right here on the property.
In other news, no truck. The one I found turned out not to be the one I needed. Still looking though, so if you've got a beater pickup for sale, send word. Also, all the brewing supplies are in, so we will have our first beer fermenting as soon as this weekend!
Biodiesel is in its final stages of planning. I found a guy who would give me free buckets (with lids) to pick up used oil in. I'm waiting on a few responses for a couple of 55 gallon drums (also free). Pick up a few filters, and we'll be ready to go. I am really hoping we will have our first batch made by November. Then we just have to find something to burn it in...
My grandfather came out this afternoon, and I was really glad to have his insight. He's a cattle rancher and he and I discussed the possibilities of grazing cattle in some of our pastures, property management, growing quality hay, and many other things.
So much needs to be done around here, that sometimes it is overwhelming. But I am optomistic. It is just going to take time, money, manpower, and know-how. If you can provide any of those things, come on out!
1 comment:
Jeff, that is a beautiful sweat lodge.
I'm excited about helping you make biodiesel and beer.
Post a Comment