Monday, October 1, 2007

idea farm

Yesterday I decided to listen to Postal Service while I swept the front porch - which hadn't been swept in months. I decided that, even though it was overplayed in its day, Give Up is still a good album, and it was time to listen to it again.


And as I swept, I thought about the people who might live here in the future, about the music that they might bring. I hoped they would bring the kind of music, old or new, that my ears need to hear - music that will speak to my soul.

Then I thought about the ideas that they might bring, as well. I thought about how, as much as the Center is a place for blackberries and biodiesel, it is a place for ideas - and I think that Jeff and Duel would agree.

And when I think about ideas that people might bring, ideas they might cultivate and harvest here, I can't help but hope they'll be the kind of ideas, old or new, that the world needs to hear - ideas that will speak to its soul.

Jeff talked about independent projects, and this is one of mine;
I'm trying to establish an idea farm.

No comments: